Who am I? What is this site? Who is my favourite character from Girls und Panzer (questions normally come in sets of three, but I couldn’t think of a third one)? If you’d like to know the answers to those questions, read on. If not, click somewhere else, I guess?
I’m currently a sophomore at university, and I have been an anime fan for a bit less than a year now after being introduced to a few series by my friends and my sister. I call myself an amateur otaku, and I really do mean it. There are so many things I don’t know. Indeed, one of the reasons why I started this blog is so that I could learn about them in the process of writing posts and whatnot. Outside of anime, I am interested in such things as history, international affairs (my major), and variety of random sports – Formula One, cycling, strange Olympics events, and pretty much whatever else I used to watch with my mother when I was a kid.
Faulty Reviews is a blog I’ve created with the intent of reviewing both anime that I’m watching and anime that I’ve watched. I like talking about anime, and I’d like to work on my writing skills, so making an anime blog seemed like a reasonable thing to do. The name comes from the fact that I am fairly new to this hobby, and is also a not-so-subtle reference to the old British sitcom Fawlty Towers.
Favourite Girls und Panzer character?
Anyways, I’d like to thank everyone who is reading this or any of my other posts. I’ve been really surprised by the amount of followers and visits I’ve been getting! Thank you all for your time.
If you’d like to know what I am watching, here is my anime list:
Definitely will be episodic reviews of:
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
- Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
- Tonari no Seki-kun
- Witch Craft Works
- Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
- Robot Girls Z
Maybe will be writing episodic reviews of:
- Chuunibyou S2 – I loved the first season, but frankly, lots of people are writing about this show. I don’t know how much I could add to the discussion.
- Buddy Complex – I did review the first episode, but I’m not sure if I will stick with the series for now.
- Hoozuki no Reitetsu – I’ll be watching this series, but I’m already reviewing a fair number of shows. Still, I might do reviews of this, if I find the time.
- Noragami – see above.
More may be added later, on an ad-hoc basis.
Episode reviews will contain spoilers for the entire episode in question, plus any previous episodes. Disclaimers will be provided if said reviews contain potential spoilers for other anime or manga.
Anime that I plan on writing series reviews of:
- Suisei no Gargantia
- Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.
- Kakumeiki Valvrave
- Space Battleship Yamato 2199
I basically follow MAL’s ratings system, which is set on a scale of 1-10. A score of 9-10 denotes excellence, 7-8 quality, and a 6 is a mark of a work that is enjoyable, if quite flawed. 5 is average, and scores of below 5 denote serious issues.
- My Anime List (aka MAL) – A very useful website for keeping track of shows that one has watched. Most links on Faulty Reviews will be to MAL.
- AniChart – Up-to-date anime season charts.
- Crunchyroll – Licensed, subbed streams of many anime series, plus general anime and manga news.
- Anime News Network – General anime news website.